Pages

Friday, July 8, 2022

Lakwatsera Fridays: Strange Moment at Gyeongbokgung Palace

2019 was a great year. I traveled a lot that year and Sweetie joined me in Seoul after my trip to Yeosu. Since it was his first time in Seoul we went to Gyeongbokgung Palace. To make the visit complete we decided to dress up in hanbok. It was a great day to go around the palace and I was able to share info I picked up from my previous visit. 







We spent almost two hours going around the palace grounds. It's really huge, so we chose to explore the area of the Gyeonghoe-run Pavilion and spent a lot of time in the Geungjeong-jeon. It was fun going around at a snail's pace with Sweetie. Since our rental had a time limit we soon slowly walked back towards the entrance. 




We were taking photos in the courtyard when a guy approached us. He introduced himself and said he's from Vietnam. He was so interested in Sweetie and asked if he could take his photo. He set up his camera, took Sweetie's photo and then said he wanted a photo with him. He didn't even ask for my help and just put his cam on timer. He was gushing about meeting Sweetie the whole time and completely ignored me. 



It was really weird.

Well, that happened to me also back in 2017 when a Latino chased me to have a photo. He thought I was a local (I truly have a generic Asian face)! I was wearing a hanbok also at that time and maybe he liked the color of my dress. It felt like a random thing only and it didn't feel weird. He was also with a group of friends. The guy though who took Sweetie's photo was alone and didn't even acknowledge my presence. Weird.

Well, to this day we don't know who he is. Chalked it up to a random encounter. Nothing untoward happened after that and we never saw him again.  I still remember it because it was a strange experience haha. We just laugh at it now. Have you experienced something similar?

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment