Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Craft Tuesdays: The Baby Quilt Blanket I Made for Miggy

I mentioned a few posts ago about the baby quilt blanket I made for Miggy. I sewed it by hand and Mom took care of binding it (I didn't know how to do binding at that time). The fabric I used were cuttings from Tita Maming's export business. She always gave my Mom cuttings that they were just going to dispose. They had really nice fabric because their primary market was Japan. All the quilts I made during that time were from the stash she gave to my Mom. 



We used pink and blue checked fabric. The design was simple and I embroidered cute shapes on some of the pieces. I'm actually surprised that the thread has held up even after almost 30 years. The last square I embroidered Miggy's name, birth date and time. 

I was so happy when Sweetie found the blanket when he pulled out the rest of our stuff from the condo. Got it washed this week. There are some stains on it which I think I will need to hand wash. It still feels really sturdy and I'm thinking of framing. It will probably be nice to hang in my sewing room. 



Well, one assignment for me is to find Miggy's baby photo with it. For now I only have grown-up Miggy with it haha. This is one thing I will cherish forever :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment