Pages

Monday, July 18, 2022

Home on Mondays: Practical Kitchen Ideas

I was so happy when I didn't see any bugs and critters last night when I checked my plants. The pest control company did a good job. They're coming back this week for a follow-up and to check the termite bait they placed. They said that would determine the extent of the infestation. We're sleeping soundly now that has been taken cared of.

The damage though means there's some fixing to be done in the kitchen. I have sent a list of what we need to the architect. I'm still clueless on the aesthetic side, but I have some practical things I want to have in my kitchen. 


Let's start with the things I'm keeping. Of course, I'm keeping the induction stove and oven and the exhaust. We just need to hide the hideous bitin exhaust and finally remove the wrapping. I'm keeping the condiments drawer and the huge drawer for pots and pan. I might request thought to add an area for pot covers.

One thing I need to do is to plot where I want to put items. In Singapore, most apartments have dish drain cabinets. You can just leave the dishes and glassware you use often in the cabinet. I have this but it's too small and a bit too high for me to reach. Might be feasible to put at a lower level right beside the sink.

I have two corners that are not fully utilized in the kitchen. Thought about having pull-away trays installed, but they're quite expensive. An alternative is to redo the cabinet so the corner is accessible. Another alternative is to do a corner cabinet. I'm a bit iffy about the cabinet because I want the kitchen to still feel spacious.


Another feature I want to integrate is a proper way to store my baking pans. Saw this cute way to store them.   An alternative is to have a floor level drawer, but I'm not keen on doing that because of unknown creepy crawlies.


And finally, I think it'll be useful to have a drawer for cooking utensils. I now have two holders on the counter and they look hideous. The clutter is stressing me out, so I hope to have a cleaner, more organized kitchen. Well, as they say, you have to declare things to the universe so it happens. :)


#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment