Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Plantita Saturdays: Propagating Pothos from Cuttings

The pothos I brought home from Singapore didn't flourish. I had it in water since we got home and it slowly deteriorated. I suspect it's because of the water because I was using the same honey  I decided to plant it in a pot to save it. It's been two weeks and it so far looks happy. 


Ate Rose pinged me last weekend and said she was planning to give me some plants. I said I was happy to receive her overflow since a lot of my plants died from the higad infestation. I mentioned to her that I wanted some pothos if she had any extra. The next day she dropped off the plants and I was super surprised with the length of the pothos she cut for me. It was loooong!




Among the plants she gave me I prioritized the pothos since it was just a long vine. I thought it might dry out if I left it overnight so I immediately worked on it after lunch. I was surprised with how many cuttings I could make, so I decided to plant some in soil and put some in water. 


One week after planting in soil.

Out of the long vine I was able to plant two sets in soil. I used three jars for the cuttings with smaller leaves. I used rainwater for the jars. I was forced to bring the pots inside the house because several leaves were eaten by caterpillars. I put them on planters, but the critters still managed to reach them. Good thing pothos don't need too much sunlight so I put them indoors. They look quite happy. 


This leaf was still new when pests ate it.


It's really nice to have more greens inside the house. I hope the pothos in water will flourish the same way it did in Singapore. They'll have to survive though without a/c haha. I think they have adjusted well to the rainwater. Hope it rains again since my rainwater supply is pretty low now. 

I was happy tired after relocating the pothos cuttings. Fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! I had to save for another day re-potting the other plants since I ran out of energy already. It's been a really good exercise for me to putter around the garden. Plants really become more beautiful when you spend enough time with them. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment