Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Meet Our Resident Yellow Vented Bulbul

My doctor told me I can't have pets anymore. It felt like a sentence because I was hoping to have one. My friend JD was going to give me a puppy, but the boys did not agree to it for many reasons. I was sad then, I feel more sad now because I'm no longer allowed to have pets. 

Well, I noticed we have a lot of birds in our neighborhood. They have been hanging out at our place more often lately. Aside from birds, stray cats also like to sleep at our place. They like staying under my car and sometimes on the garden walls. Every so often I also see squirrels running across telephone lines. 


Photo by Miguel Apolo


Just hearing the birds singing make me happy already so I thought maybe I could put up a bird feeder. Apparently, this isn't allowed by RA 9147 according to my friend. He suggested I instead put up a fountain that can serve as a bird bath. He said this will also be beneficial for other insects like bees. I just need to make sure to change the water everyday to prevent mosquitoes from breeding. 




Watch 'til the end (Vid by Miguel Apolo)

I looked around Shopee and found several options. There's a solar fountain you can just clip on a rail. There's a solar fountain with stand. You can just get the solar fountain and then look for a stand locally. We'll probably just get the solar fountain and look for a nice, sturdy stand locally. This would be nice for our pocket garden and it would be easy to change the water whenever we water the plants. Hope to find a nice stand somewhere near. 

No pets, no problem! I will just focus on appreciating those that are around me. I will also feast my eyes on cute pets I see on my stream. :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment