Pages

Friday, May 27, 2022

Finally, Clean Teeth!

Finally went to see a dentist today! It's been over two years since I've been to a dentist. We wanted to go to one while we were in Singapore, but we got busy with my other doctor appointments. It's a bit complicated for me to go to one because I'm required to do antibiotic prophylaxis before doing any procedure. It's required to make sure germs to get to my heart during the procedure. 



The dental office sent a lot of reminders yesterday. They're following strict protocols since we're still in the middle of a pandemic. The clinic's door was literally padlocked. They had to open it before you could get in. That gave me some comfort since I'm immunocompromised and I'm a germ magnet! Hehe. Miggy went first and I helped me put on part of his PPE. It was a struggle to put his hairnet on, haha. We both had to wear a hairnet, shoe covers and a neon orange protective gown.


Doc Jay was on leave so another dentist took care of us. She was in full PPE and she also wore a face shield. I can just imagine how cumbersome it is to have to wear PPE all the time. I also noticed they had a filter (or exhaust) in front of me during the procedure. Maybe that was meant to capture any potential germs I would have excreted. The dentist took extra care with me because I told her I'm a bleeder plus I'm taking blood thinners (not a good combo IMHO). 

TBH I really prefer our dentists here than in Singapore, that's why I didn't mind waiting. I just made sure to floss everyday and that helped because I just did cleaning. I was really surprised they did not have to do any pasta. My dentist in Singapore must've done a really good job, but the dentists here have "feather hands" (ano ba kasi english ng magaan ang kamay?).

Now is the best time to go to a dentist. I've been monitoring cases in our barangay and it's been almost zero the past few weeks. I'll schedule Mom also, but I'll need to convince her first haha. She also needs to have her eyes checked. 

Happy weekend everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment