Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

It Went Down with a Bang

I was just about to start blogging when I got a call from Mom's helper. I wondered why they were calling me from the garden and I heard Mom say in the background, "Nahulog yung puno!" With the constant rain from the past week I wasn't surprised when Mom said a tree fell in her garden. The helper echoed it and I thought okay I just need to get help to take it out. 

Sometimes though things can get lost in translation and bad connectivity. Mom's helper prefers to converse in Bicolnon. So there was a huge gap in what she wanted to tell me. I asked her to show me what they were looking at and that's how I finally found out that the garden wall gave way. It came down with a big bag. 

Peek-a-boo!

Well, I wasn't really surprised it happened. The wall is probably just a wee bit younger than me. It has see better days and probably eroded through the years. The engineer who inspected the house said that we need to reinforce the base of the garden area. Yup, he's right and I hope I can finally get the approval of my siblings to proceed. 

My biggest concern was to cover the gaping hole left by the wall. I SOS'd the homeowners association for help and luckily they were able to help and Mom is secure.  They'll probably need a bigger truck when they clean up the creek on Monday (scheduled before this happened). Thank you Lord for guardian angels! <3

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment