Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Taking Chances

Circa October 2007
The other day I saw a video message I sent to Sweetie back in 2007. I made a video 3 weeks after we became a couple. It was a short message thanking him for loving me. Sweetie and I became best friends before we became a couple. When he asked permission to court me I just said yes. I thought it would be so awkward for us to go through the ligaw stage, so I just said yes. 

I sent the video to Sweetie last night. He had a huge smile on his face after watching it. The road to Sweetie was riddled with a lot of wrong turns and potholes. It took me years to heal from my last relationship before I took the chance again. After many, many years God finally answered my prayer for the right person for me. 

Finding the video was a good reminder for me that God answers prayers in His time. It took 15 years before that prayer was answered. And God did find the right person for me. I can just imagine how hard it is for Sweetie to take care of me. My prayer now is to get better so I can take care of him and Miggy too.

So how did I know he was the one? I just knew and took the chance to love and be loved. 

“I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Matthew 11:24).

CB///361  #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/24 #StayHome #BeKind   


Ligaw - courtship

No comments:

Post a Comment