Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

Pandemic Coping Mantra -- Learn New Things!

Eid Mubarak, Selamat Hari Raya!

It was a four day weekend for me! I was looking forward to this weekend for a few weeks now since I really needed a break. I spent a lot of time resting and just did stuff based on what I felt like doing. Looking back at the last four days I just ate-slept-cooked-did some hobbies. 

I made a new discovery about myself the last few weeks. I actually like tending to my tiny balcony garden. It's still fairly new, but I enjoy learning new things about planting. I used to buy a lot of plants when I lived in Manila. Usually got them from Tagaytay. Most didn't survive for a number of reasons. Those that did are with my Mom.



I prefer to plant from seed. It gives me so much joy to see a plant sprouting and grow centimeter by centimeter. Now I understand why my Mom always tries to rush back home to check on her garden. I can never keep her for more than two weeks when she comes to visit me in Singapore. She always worries about her plants. 

I told Sweetie this morning that I've decided to put a schedule on my hobbies because I've neglected my quilting and I have several projects that haven't moved for a few months now. I've been quilting since last weekend. I hope to finish a wedding gift I started last year before the couple celebrates their first wedding anniversary (haha, sorry got so busy!). I also need to make new throw pillowcases for our couch. 

I cooked and baked too. I wanted to bake some brownies, but I conked out yesterday afternoon. I'll just probably bake next weekend if I'm up to it. I think the most important thing we did was to re-organize our freezer. I wanted to keep track of our food so I only order what we lack. The circuit break is ending early next week, so I hope we could drop by the Filipino grocery also since that's what we're lacking now. 

I'm so grateful for the R&R at home. As much as there's so much unknown out there because of the pandemic, I'm glad my Mom taught me how to keep busy even at home. I've discovered a lot about myself also. I realized too that there may be things that's out of reach now, but there are ways to cope. One project I'm really excited to do is my home panaderia project. I want to learn how to bake my favorite Pinoy breads. I'm also putting together a list of food I miss most. I want to learn how to cook them. 

So that's my new mantra for now -- learn new things!

#CB49   #StuckAtHomeDay80 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment