Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Spinning My Way to Biking Again

I finally completed 5 days of spinning on our exercise bike. Yay! I was also able to complete 18 minutes on it non-stop. That's a huge achievement for me! It's a far cry from doing "one minute on, one minute off" which I used to do with my physiotherapist. Before she left she told me that I could increase the minutes, but stop if I have a hard time breathing. 

I'm half-way to my target -- 30 minutes non-stop. I chose to get an exercise bike because biking is the one "sport" I really liked when I was growing up. I used to go with my Dad and his friends when they went walking around the village on Sundays. During summer vacation I'd go biking with friends around the village. 

My first bicycle was a red BMX. I learned how to use it on my own while the EDSA Revolution was happening. Mom's garden was the perfect learning space. I remember I would be called to go inside whenever helicopters would pass by. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the red BMX because it was stolen! My parents eventually got me a yellow BMX bicycle. 

I super loved my yellow BMX bike. It had a basket and a cute bicycle bell. I made a lot of happy memories with that bicycle. I eventually outgrew it and I think my Mom gave it away to one of our workers. I still think about it fondly. 

And that's one of my intentions. When I go home I want to be able to bike around our village again. I hope it'll be with Sweetie or Miggy. I could bike to my Mom's home and bring her some pandesal from our neighbor. And go to the park and spin Pokestops. Ahh, it makes me so excited to go home! 

Do you have a favorite childhood hobby you'd like to do again?

Day 16 Minimalism Challenge, Don't spend money for 24 hours. I could go for days without spending money. It's the advantage of just being home. Part of my recovery process includes doing more chores. I've been trying to cook more the past few weeks. I was really happy when I was able to bake cookies last week because I was able to share some with my neighbors. Hopefully with increased energy and stamina I can do more and have more days when I don't spend money. 

CB///*Yr2/127 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/150 #NewG319 #Home77 #StayHome #BeKind 


No comments:

Post a Comment