Just before I left Yogyakarta, Pak Ganis handed a bag of cashew nuts to me. I brought some to the office and my director told me that raw cashew is poisonous. I did some research before I decided to bake the cashew. Most important thing to do is boil the cashew first before baking it. Boiling removes the poison, just make sure you don't over boil the cashew because it's going to end up soggy.
To keep the cashew nuts fresh and crispy we keep it in glass bottles. I bake only 250-300 grams every time. We finish the batch in about a week. It's a great snack to bring to work too.
250-300 grams raw cashew
2 Tbp salt
1. Boil cashew with 2 tablespoons of salt for less than 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Dry the boiled cashew with napkin.
3. On a foil lined pan, spread a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes at 177'C.
5. Arrange the cashew on the pan and bake for 15 minutes.