Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Fishy Fridays

I always try to follow the Lenten sacrifice of not eating meat every Friday. My parents followed it strictly when I was growing up. They would do fasting and abstinence on Ash Wednesday, Fridays and during Holy Week. I'm technically exempted from it since I have a medical condition, but if you ask my doctor he'd rather I avoid eating meat altogether hehe.

I thought I'd make a list of some of the food I eat for abstinence Fridays. Here ya go -

Breakfast

Jaybucks Tuna Sandwich!

Banana! (This was how they displayed at the grocery Valentine's last year).

Lunch

Soba! (Made me hungery after an hour though hehe)

Salmon Carbonara

Dinner

Rellenong Bangus

Tuna Spaghetti (hope I got the right photo haha)

No meat pizza

Oftentimes I end up eating delata. I super like Ligo Sardines and tried Century Tuna bangus sisig today. It was so spicy though (my doctor is gonna kill me!). I ate a little only and just ate a banana. Sometimes if I get hungry I eat Skyflakes hehe. 

What about you? Do you fast and abstain on Fridays?







No comments:

Post a Comment