Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Calle Crisologo

Calle Crisologo in Vigan is one of the most memorable places I've been to in the Philippines. I've been there thrice, in 2007, 2012 and 2014.

Beautiful during the day.


I saw a lot of improvements every time I went and the town became more vibrant. The historic town really worked hard to preserve its heritage sites. It's been recognized as the best preserved Spanish colonial town.

And sparkling at night.


I love walking around Calle Crisologo. I remember buying a miniature wooden cabinet which I've been using for my accessories. I first saw it in 2007, but only bought it in 2012. If I got it in 2007 it would probably have gone under water during Typhoon Ondoy. The miniature wooden cabinet is one of my favourite travel souvenirs.

In 2012 I went to Vigan for a mapup. I enjoyed that time going around the town and sampling delicious local food. The empanada in the plaza was truly unforgettable. I haven't found the any suitable replacement anywhere else (suggestions are welcome!). Two other things I love eat in Vigan are: longganisa and chichacorn. Now I wonder where I can get any in Singapore!

Sweetie though hasn't been to Vigan though and I'd love to come back and explore more of it and eat more empanada!


No comments:

Post a Comment