Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

Homemade Arroz ala Cubana

Now that I'm retired, I've been teaching Miggy how to cook. I recently taught him how to make arroz ala cubana. I had him cook while I was instructing him. Normally he takes care of filming, but this time I wanted to see if there were any more cooking skills I could teach him. I noticed he needed help with how to wield the cooking utensil. He was having a hard time mixing the meat with the veggies. Last time I taught him how to hold the pan handle while cooking so that the pot doesn't move around. 


Add egg if you wish :)


They didn't have cooking in their home economics in high school. We had it, although I only started really cooking in my 30s. I reviewed the basic through YouTube (knife skills, proper mixing etc.). What I remember from high school cooking class are the measurements and how to use most cooking gadgets. 




Arroz ala cubana is one of our favorite meals at Pancake House. It's gotten pretty expensive, so I whipped out the recipe we use since we had some ground beef. It's pretty easy to make, so this is now one of Miggy's dishes. Next time I'll let him cook it on his own, haha. 

More info and complete recipe at: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2023/10/recipes-for-my-son-arroz-ala-cubana.html

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment