Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Father B

For a few years we had one of the kindest and friendliest parish priest in our neighborhood. We nicknamed him Fr. B whenever we mention him in conversations, but call him Fr. Bernard in person. I found this photo of him with me and my parents when he came for a visit. I think this is already after he had left for another assignment. 


c. March 2008 with Fr. Bernard McEachern, C.P.


I had grown up knowing many priests. First one was Fr. Quaranta who baptized me. He's from the SDB order. When our parish was fully established we had Passionist priests. The first ones I met were Fr. Edward Diviny, CP and Fr. Harry Reusch, CP. They first visited our home when I was still a toddler and I thought they were giants. I remember that moment probably because they were so tall and they had cologne on. Beats me why I remember it, but it's a core memory. I always saw them because my parents were part of the team that helped build the church. 


Years after my troubled teenage years. I was a product manager already by this time.
Thank you Fr. Bernard for saving me :)


Fast forward to the time Fr. B became our parish priest. I'd always remember him because he was there for me during my troubled teenage years. He helped make sure I went on the right path and he baptized Miggy. I was so sad when he left and since felt orphaned for a spiritual advisor. Luckily, I met Br. Gene Tianco, FSC, when I was in college. He helped continue what Fr. B did for me. After Br. Gene passed away I prayed to have another spiritual advisor and Sr. Lirio Guillermo came along. 

I still miss Fr. B. He was really involved in the families of his parishioners. I keep in touch with him every so often and mentioned Mom's passing in my last email. I hope and pray he's doing well. I just remembered him since I also found cards and letters sent by my parents' priest-friends. Of course, I had met a lot of priests along the way and they're all dear to my heart. I was thinking, maybe I should re-publish the articles I wrote about them? 

I hope to have our home blessed again in time for my Mom's first year death anniversary. :)

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment