Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Goodbye Greenbelt One

My earliest memory of Greenbelt was going to National Bookstore to buy school supplies. My busmate's dad used to be the store manager and that's why we frequented Greenbelt. Also watched movies there and do some shopping.






I more frequently visited Greenbelt when I was already working. My first job's office was nearby and we'd usually have lunch at the food court. I remember witnessing a bag being stolen once. I mentioned it to her when I noticed she had no idea her bag was taken. She ran after the thief and managed to get the bag back. It was a bag of a lawyer with her clients' passports. 




Eventually I moved jobs, but still frequented GB to watch movies and to eat at the restaurants that replaced the food court (and the restos in the newer buildings). Also celebrated birthdays, had reunions and as my roles changed I did events and attended events as well. 





My most significant purchase at Greenbelt 1 was my dream two door Whirlpool refrigerator in 2012. I remember the year because that was when we moved in to our first fully owned home. (The fridge is still working!).





I haven't been able to go back to Greenbelt since January 2020 when we had a mini family reunion. That was also the last time I walked from Greenbelt to Landmark to SM which I frequently did from work (probably why I used to be so thin!). I didn't know that would be the last time I would visit Greenbelt with my Mom.

Greenbelt 1 holds many happy memories for me. It was a place that saw me grow up, fall in love and have a family. I have so many experiences and fond memories I would attribute to it. I've been through this before when they rebuilt Glorietta, removed Quad and connected everything. Rizal Theatre became Makati Shangri-La and many more changes. Change is inevitable and it would be great to see a new Greenbelt soon!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment