Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

Goals for Our Home this Year

We missed meeting our goal to have our home ready for visitors by a small margin. We would have met it if we didn't lose a month and a half to a medical emergency. Well, that's on me. Anyway, we tried and managed to clear up the boxes in the living room. I also managed to clear the boxes I got from my childhood home. It's not so bad now, but we still need to clear up some stuff to make our home more presentable. 

We had major works done on our home last year. There's still a few things to do, but nothing major. Now that my stamina is slowly coming back, I've been able to make rounds at home to see what needs to be done. And yes, improvements never end when you are a homeowner. 

I took a look at my 2023 home goals and it looks like we completed everything I listed. Yaaas! This year I think we'll focus more on maintenance and work on our frontage. Here's our goals for our home for 2024: 

1. Finish all electrical related tasks: complete capacity upgrade and complete solar net metering application. Fix service kitchen lights and some plugs. Add more outdoor lights.

2. Make sure the water filter is changed on time. 

3. Organize our living room to make it presentable. 

4. Organize the collection cabinet.

5. Make sure canopies for the sliding doors are installed before the rainy season. 

6. Cat proof the garden. 

7. Fix our frontage (make sure it doesn't look like a jungle). 

8. Organize our family room to have proper spaces for everyone, but have the flooring changed first.

9. Declutter more. Keep only what we need and will use. 

10. Be on point with home requirements (RPT, insurance, regular cleaning, a/c cleaning, car maintenance etc.). 

We will have to step up work on my childhood home. We will be busy sorting through all the items. It will be better to donate/sell items that we don't need. I don't want the things just to rot away, it's better used elsewhere. I'm glad we got the major works done last year. This year will be about maintenance so we could focus on creating more happy memories and wellness. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment