Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Goal Setting, Let's Do This

What are your dreams and plans for the year? I have been thinking about it since the end of December. To be honest it's still percolating in my mind. Yesterday's Didache reflection though had me thinking. It reminded me that it's easy to "lose focus when things get to high or too low". People tend to focus on oneself and forget that we are supposed to be "bringers of His light". 




The reflection threw out this question, "Ask why and for whom you are doing them. Are they all about you?" I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the question. I have to be honest, most of my goals have been about me. Things I want to do, memories I want to create with my family. 

I had a hard time thinking about what goals I can have that will be for others. What I can do physically is very limited. I can't really do things for others since it's risky for me to be out and about, plus I don't have the stamina. 

I finally drifted to sleep when I realized I shouldn't be measuring what I can do with what I used to do. I have to be creative and adjust to my capacity. That boils down to what I wrote on the header of this blog, "Home, Hobbies and Inspiration". 

As a light of Jesus, I have to craft goals that would be helpful and inspirational for others to deepen their faith. And that's what I'll be mindful of when I craft my goals for the year.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment