Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Nth Attempt to Grow Lettuce at Home

A week ago, I finally got around to planting some seeds. I got covered seed trays online since I felt I needed to make the environment more humid. I already tried the tissue paper route. Using seed trays placed under the sun. In the shade. Via the vertical garden. Throwing in a lot of seeds in a pot (this worked). Hydroponics. None of it worked though for lettuce. 

I realized it may have been the seeds, so I got some Ramgo lettuce seeds. I mixed loam soil, compost and rice hull and prepared the seed trays a few days before. The seller in Mahogany Market told me that's the best way to grow veggies. Saturday last week I got working and planted 4 different lettuce seeds: romaine and grand rapids lettuce (from a Lazada shop), and curly lettuce and plain lettuce (Ramgo).

I check the seed trays in the afternoon. I put some water in the bottom to keep the soil moist, then I spray some water once a day. I change the bottom water every other day. 

Day 3

Both ends start sprouting.


Day 4

Almost all cells are growing something.


Day 5

Growing longer.


Day 6

Oh wow!


I forgot to request from Ramgo for a planting guide. I just emailed them since I'm not sure if I should remove the tray cover already. I'm just afraid if I do that the cats might get to the seedlings! Uh-oh!

Wish me luck!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment