Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Best of My 2023 Quilt Projects

Consistently working on my quilt projects proved to be challenging last year. I had to evacuate my maker room a couple of times. After storing my supplies, I eventually set-up a "satellite" sewing table in the family room. I spend more time there with Sweetie so we could save up on electricity. 





To warm up, I made new curtains for the kitchen. I love using swiss dot fabric! I originally wanted to have proper curtains made for our living room, but the cost is so steep! I can make 30 sets of curtains from the price I was quoted, so I'll just continue to make our own to save and have fun. Anyway, I made another set for the kitchen last October. Still used swiss dot fabric, but I used corn blue this time. 





By April, I started on my cat quilt projects. I needed new covers for my kitchen appliances. I also wanted to learn to make new patterns. Went to Pinterest for inspiration and from that I managed to make covers for my KitchenAide stand mixer, blender and food processor. 





After the cat themed quilt project. I rested for two months. My arm hurt and I realized I shouldn't sew by hand too much. When my arm healed, I resumed by making a special Sanrio themed project. I made a customized laptop sleeve and pouch for a friend. I was so relieved when she told me her laptop fit perfectly!

The second theme for the year was making useful items from the scrap fabric I've collected for a couple of years now. I was able to make a lot of projects out of it: potholder, small wallet, essential oil pouch, coffee pot rug, coaster, notebook cover, pincushion and tablet case. I could've gone on and on, but I knew it was time to work on my Christmas theme projects. 





Just before I started work on my holiday projects, I made a special baby pinwheel quilt for my nephew's daughter. I finally busted out the special fabric I bought in Japan a few years ago. I knew I wanted to use the fabric for a baby quilt. I wanted the colors to be something my Mom would have used. I paired the special fabric with apricot fabric from Singapore and wadding from Australia. 

I ended up just making two holiday quilted items. I got sick so I was useless for six weeks! I still managed to make a holiday pinwheel potholder and Santa potholder. Will just make more for Christmas this year and will probably start earlier!




You can watch tutorials on how I made these projects on this playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOKtaK29-LI6EWUsXEE6LReY2UDY_RsME&si=JKS97LeC515X1uhr


I'm happy I was able to do a number of projects last year. It kept my hands and mind busy. I look forward to seeing what I'll come up with this year!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment