Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

When to Let Go and Step Down

There's been unrest in our alumni association for a few years now. An anomaly was uncovered regarding the use of the funds. A previous election did not wipe out the officers who did it and there was a lot of talk there was some wrongdoing their too. Changes were made on how the elections are done to allow more alumni to vote. My sister's batch did a lot of recruitment to ensure we get better results for this elections. It happened last weekend. The funny thing is there's delay again in announcing winners. 

Sounds familiar noh? That's what happens when power gets to your head. Falling in love with power leads to greed. I often wonder why people can't just let go when it's time. If you're worried about continuity for your projects, there are many talented and skilled people out there. Don't hoard power because that stunts growth. 

Last year when I was still employed, but on medical leave I realized I wasn't getting any better. I started to worry about my team since nobody was taking care of their needs. I was asked whether I wanted to transfer them to someone else. I let them go because I knew they deserved to be cared for and learn new things from a new manager. It was a huge bonus for me that they found someone I trusted too. The opportunity to manage a huge team isn't available to everyone, but I prioritized my team over my needs. I'm confident they'll all perform well even without me. 

I honestly miss my old life. I miss the challenges. I miss my team and my teammates. I didn't want to leave because of my illness and it took me a long time to make peace with it. The Didache reflection yesterday reminded me that God does things to direct you to the right path. I hope and pray that the current officers of our alumni association find it in their hearts to let go so corrective action can be done. The mission after all is to do good for others. 

#BeKind #StayHome #VoteWisely

No comments:

Post a Comment