Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Can We Just Live with the Threat of the Virus?

We're finally going to keep our Christmas decors this week. We delayed removing them because we only put it up two days before Christmas! So it has seen us through Christmas and 2 new years, there's no need for it to reach Valentine's. I also feel like we're entering a new phase now since cases are going down and there's more movement happening. We also decided to move forward with organizing our new home. The nasty infection is also gone now and I feel my energy is coming back. 


How to live with COVID-19? That's a question that's being discussed across the world. The UK was forced to remove mandates because of their PM's irresponsible behavior. There has been a lot of protests in Canada. Denmark scrapped restrictions. In Singapore they made clear guidelines on what to do if you get sick. It's made me think about whether or not we can just live with the threat of the virus. 

When the first circuit breaker in Singapore eased up, my physiotherapy clinic contacted me and said I can resume my sessions. Went back to my sessions and just made sure I always wore a mask. I would even pass by my favorite store after my session. My doctor eventually advised I should just wear a fabric mask. I obeyed, but picked up a virus from a taxi driver the first time I did. It wasn't COVID-19 according to my doctors. 

Beautiful tulips at Roppongi Hills


After that incident I concluded that: (1) There are many different viruses out there and we're living alongside them, and (2) Being immunocompromised I am a magnet to getting sick. Case in point: I haven't gone out since the first week of January and still got an infection. The world will not stop because of people like me. Restrictions were put in place because we didn't know much about the virus. That bought time for scientists to develop vaccines and find ways to save people. 

I miss seeing the rest of my family and hanging out with my friends. I miss those days I could just sit at Commune and bump into friends. I miss doing my cardio at the mall (a.k.a. walking). I miss the freedom of being able to explore new places. One could say that life has been on hold the past two years, but you can also look from a different perspective -- a new way of living. 

For now I stay home.

Take care everyone!

#BeKind #StayHome


No comments:

Post a Comment