Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2022

The People's Campaign is Heating Up

The campaign rally of VP Leni Robredo and Sen. Kiko Pangilinan was streamed live last night. I was happy I was finally able to "attend" a rally albeit virtually. It was time well spent since I got to listen also to the senatorial candidates and their platforms. The rally was festive and it reminded me of happier times before the gloom settled in. 

I would have loved to be there. Realistically though I won't survive a rally so I'm happy to just live through my friends who were there. One described having goosebumps from start to finish. Another said he felt hope. I felt the same even though I was just streaming it to our TV via Chromecast. 


Seeing the sea of people was what I needed to see to feel hopeful again. We really need to get back on the right track for things to improve. I like the platform presented by VP Leni and Senator Kiko since it will improve the lives of the general population. I also like the fact that they have been reaching out to the marginalized, the people in the laylayan for consultations. The only way to really improve the lives of people is to understand their needs. You can read more about their platforms here.

#IloiloisPink (Photo by Robredo's People Council)


The rally was a fitting celebration of the 36th year anniversary of the EDSA Revolution. The celebration at the People Power Monument was a simple ceremony, not even attended by the president which was disappointing. The rally in Iloilo made up for it and showed that the force is waking up and we are all over the country. We just need to remember that the success of the EDSA Revolution depends on each and every one of us. 

Mama Ogs trended last night! 


I was sad though to hear about the retirement of Sen. Franklin Drilon. He is the last from his generation and has served us well. He was a senator for a long time, but made sure that his home city progressed. I've been to Iloilo a few times and I did see the improvements. I saw this firsthand in the last 15 years. It flourished from looking like a charming town to a bustling city. That's a good example of what a good leader should do. Thank you Senator Drilon for your service to the nation all these years. 

I will continue to pray for the success of the people's campaign and will pray for the protection of the candidates. Let's all do our part :)

#BeKind #StaySafe #VoteWisely



No comments:

Post a Comment