Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The Sunshine Vitamin

It's been a few days since my doctor's worried nurse called me up. I had a "vampire*" appointment last Friday to check for vitamin deficiencies. I was getting off the taxi when the nurse called. She sounded really worried that I have a vitamin D deficiency and advised to drink within 24 hours. 


The nurse wanted me to go to a clinic to pick up some vitamin D3. I was wary to go out again especially to a clinic. Luckily I found some on Amazon with next-day delivery. After ordering I read up on the benefits of vitamin D3. It's supposed to keep your bone and muscles healthy. It's known as the sunshine vitamin because you can get it from the sun. 

I realized I was showing signs of the deficiency already. The past two weeks I felt imbalanced whenever I walk. The morning of my vampire appointment I almost had a fall in the shower. Good thing I was able to steady myself by holding the ledge. I didn't think much about it because I thought it was an effect of the other meds I'm taking. 

Here's a video by a doctor explaining the importance of vitamin D3 and D2 -


I guess I developed the deficiency because I was told to stop all of my vitamins last year. I used to take vitamin C, E and multivitamins everyday. I noticed I wasn't as energetic as before. My doctor though wanted me to be cautious about drinking vitamins because of my medication. I've been taking vitamin D3 for four days now and there are some noticeable effects. 

My balance has improved, I've been able to add more reps in my exercise and I feel less muscle and joint pains. I feel more energetic also and don't feel so exhausted after heating up food on the stove. I know this is just probably one of the many things my doctor will flag. The nurse hasn't called back, so hopefully the other things they checked are within normal level. 

Thank you St. Raphael the Archangel for intervening to get me an immediate appointment! 

CB////*Yr2/177 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/198 #NewG270 #Home29 #Xmas83 #StayHome #BeKind


*Vampire - my nickname for medtech's who take my blood hehe. So far they find it funny. This started post-OHS when my blood was taken everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Ai, I reall wanted you to check out USANA Magnecal D (This is highly absorbable because it is combined with Magnesium, Calcium and Vitamin D3). We have an office in Singapore (391B Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City Tower B, #19-01/02, Singapore 238873), but we can also order it online. I can extend my discount perks with you. I swear by the products. Been taking them since 2013. :D

    ReplyDelete