Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Best Budol Buys

Admit it, have you gotten hooked with online shopping? The pandemic has certainly changed our buying habits. I miss those days when I could go to the mall anytime and do groceries in person. I previously avoided buying stuff online before. I was very wary of using my credit card online because I experienced fraud twice already. I was also paranoid I won't receive what I ordered. 


I was forced to buy things online when we had a lockdown last year. Then I needed to buy some materials for my sewing projects which I also got via Lazada. Soon enough I was looking forward to the monthly sale on Lazada and Shopee. I add stuff to the cart and eventually just buy what I really need (a friend recently saw I have 99+ on my card hahaha).

What interests me are knick knacks that would be beneficial for home use and making sewing easier. Here are some things which I found really useful:

Top on the list, privacy stamp! Sweetie would usually cut up packaging before throwing it away. We also tried using a marker, but you could still see through it. I got the privacy stamp during a flash sale and it's so far been very useful. I also use it to cover my particulars for my medicine boxes. 


Scrabble-like tiles. I super love the letters, I actually made a second purchase. I use it mostly for my blog when I can't find an appropriate photo. I've been keeping them now in a Toast Box can hehe. 


Package opener. I'm not sure what this is called, but I got it from a flash sale. I use it to open boxes. So far it's been safer for me to use this than a cutter. It's easy to clean too. 


Needle threader. I got this out of curiosity. I've been trying many different needle threaders the past year (#signsofoldage). I have a bunch of the traditional one, but it's only good to use for a few times. I got the one with a light from the US, also good for just a few uses. This one looks sturdier (yet to be proven). It's a new sewing contraption, so we'll see. 


Shoes. Ahh, buying wearables online is the least thing I wanted to do. I chanced upon this pair on sale and thought it might be the same one I usually buy at the Taipei train station. It was! This is actually my second pair and it's really comfortable to wear. I also got a budol pair from Sketchers haha. 

Similar pair from Taipei station, really comfy for walking.

Marupok midnight moment.

Fabric. Buying fabric from stores here is very expensive. Then I discovered more inexpensive options on Lazada and Shopee. The cheaper ones come from Indonesia though. Most cute ones are available in South Korea. I hope I could find options from Divisoria when I come home. Anyway, I found a lot of options online (including Amazon). It's better to buy by the meter/yard than buying fat quarters or layer cakes. 


Finally, one of the most useful things I got is my Chromebook's  cover and keyboard cover. It keeps it protected and keeps the crumbs away from my keyboard. 


Sweetie's top pick is his hand massager (#titohitz). He uses it every night. I'm hoping to find something similar for my legs. They used one on me at the hospital and it was heavenly. I think my Mom would want one too. Maybe I'll check for 10.10 noh? Haha. 

What about you? What are your fave online finds? Are you ready for 10.10?

CB////*Yr2/181 #StuckAtHomeDay/Yr2/202 #NewG266 #Home25 #Xmas79 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment