Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy

A few weeks ago I asked for suggestions for a name of a puppy. I got a number of cute and some controversial names. Hohumm... don't ask why. Anyway, SEO buddy and dog-lover John Rennen one morning came up with a brilliant suggestion and I instantly liked the name!

So I bugged Marc and then bugged him some more coz I was so excited over getting a puppy. He didn't tell me that the unthinkable happened, Gail said the puppy got sick and died. They'll just give me hamsters instead. Sniff sniff.

Sigh. So sad. Sniff.

Anyway, to appease my disappointment I decided to go ahead and buy the laptop I've been planning to get since last year. After months of online & offline canvassing and collecting flyers from different shops I managed to narrow down my choices to either a Compaq Presario V3304TU or a MSI Megabook S262 laptop. Let's not talk about all the other laptops I drooled over, they were just beyond budget, sigh. So, I decided to get the MSI Megabook since it came with good reviews from my friends, met my requirements and Markku piqued my interest when he mentioned that they had it in pink.

Anyway, so it was down to that then I scouted for the best place to purchase it and ended up ranting over poor customer service*. So yesterday before heading for Octagon Computer Store I passed by this new laptop supermarket at Park Square and discovered the MSI promo for the blue/pink Megabook S262. I was baffled when the store clerk said that I wouldn't get all the freebies (camera + 1GB usb drive + bag) when the flyer clearly said "camera plus 1GB usb drive plus bag). Mambobola! So I headed over to Octagon and deliberated with my best friend over the phone on whether I'd get a pink or a blue one.

The store clerks in Octagon were definitely attentive and helpful, not like the shop in front of it. They even had the one I liked pulled-out from their Megamall store so I won't have to come back on another day. So... meet HAPPY who came with a Canon camera, 1 GB pink usb drive, 1 pink bag, 1 black bag and a laptop sleeve. Cool eh!

The pink laptop I bought when I was wearing a pink dress and
which I had a strawberry pink drink with this afternoon.
Abe said I
should name her Pinky coz its... but I told him it's too mais :D


And guess what I told Anne on our way out with Happy... "I feel like I have a new boyfriend!"

Egads.

*Update - Silicon Valley called me a day after I faxed my blog post to them and the area manager apologized for the poor service I've been getting since their SM Bicutan branch opened. They promised that they'll do something about it. Passed by the other day, but decided not to enter the shop. Let's just say it's quite hard to forget how I was treated the last time.

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:10 AM

    Those are some serious stickers/labels on the laptop. You should have asked Google to provide you a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new pink laptop ! I should be saying now both of you and Happy should take care... MSI rocks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, it's PINK! Haha I want a pink laptop too! I've been canvassing for a new one to replace my three year old Ginger since she's already slowing down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should have held out for that "Hello Kitty" laptop from NEC.

    Anyway, have fun on you purchase!

    Heheheheheheh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:04 PM

    congrats Aileen--with your new "bf", your new partner in blogging and writing. you should give it a name. i named mine SexyMac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it really is beautiful! I bet it looks even better when you're using it. ;) Hahaha.

    Now I want that google sticker on the right palmrest! Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @anonymous - I do have one :)

    @jaydj - thanks friendly-friend!

    @tina - get one! me and my happy are very happy! haha

    @punzi - hello kitty? really??? hihihi.

    @sexymom - yes, I named my new laptop "happy" hehehe

    @marrku - of course it's beautiful! ako kasama eh haha. ganda rin ng sticker ko eh noh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:28 AM

    Sorry forgot to mention that Sammy the puppy died. It was too painful. Ahuhu! We'll give you 3 baby hamsties instead!! Bili ka na ng cage...

    Ano ka ba!! Why didn't you mention you were planning to buy a laptop para sana sabay tayo nagcanvass. Gail did not approve of the P90k HP Pavilion coz it's way way out of the budget. Second choice was the latest Compaq Presario V3519 at P70k but we ended up getting the cheapest V3234TU at P45k. We'll just use the money we saved to upgrade some parts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:01 AM

    PINK LAPTOP!? Where would you get one?

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:51 PM

    cute looking "boyfriend" you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Waahh! I want one too! Inggit ako. I want pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:12 AM

    hi there! i also bought my portable at Octagon, super nice ng staff nila kaya dun ako napabili. :) nice pink laptop... i like it! akin na lang! :)

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @marcvill - huhuhuhu, I'm still sad over not having a puppy, but looking forward to having hamsters!!! Now I have to think about new names hmmm...

    @becky - I bought mine at Octagon.

    @dexie - at least hindi siya magrereklamo and I have full control! Hahaha.

    @applesh - dali dali! get one!

    @venice - hihihihi, asa ka pa :) bait nga staff ng octagon talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:05 AM

    hi aileen,

    i've been wanting that pink msi laptop too and actually planning to buy one soon. i'm wondering how is it so far? how much did you pay for it? did it come with the OS?

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Question lang poh!!!
    -How mush is the pink msi s262 laptop in octagon?
    -saka dun sa isang store na sinasabi mo?

    thank you... pls reply... nagplaplano din kasi ako bumili eh

    ReplyDelete