Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Plantita Saturdays: It's Higad Season Again

Saw some creepy critters when we got back. It's not yet as bad as last year because we had pest control do some treatment a few weeks ago. Traced the source from the neighbor's tree at the back, so I need to ask if they could trim the tree. It's been dropping a lot of debris and higad, huhu. 




I quickly reviewed what I did last year. Here's a list:

  • Spray neem oil with castille soap and baking soda twice a week.
  • Spray boiled lemongrass and oregano on the plants. 
  • Drop the critters in a bucket of water with neem oil and hydrogen peroxide. 
  • Call pest control if things go out of hand. 
They killed a lot of my plants last year. One thing I'm planning to do this year is barricade my plants on the ground with diatomaceous earth. It should help prevent them from reaching the plants. Sweetie and I are planning to wash down the area where we keep plants. Things got super messy during the renovation and I have to move my succulents and cactus out of the garage. 

Make sure to wear gloves whenever you work in the garden! Since AQI has been bad, better to also wear a mask. Don't touch and don't inhale any of the fine hair on its body. It can block your air pipes and cause trouble. 

Happy gardening everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment