Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Creative Happy Tuesdays: Ideas and Inspiration

I'm still resting my arm from doing anny sewing. This has happened before and it took 3 months to feel better. I still have one cat project I haven't finished, but don't want to push so I could heal properly. I'm also vitamin D insufficient, so I'm working on that too. During downtime I try to write down ideas and inspiration. My thought process involves a lot things, here's what usually inspires me:




What My Friends Like 

I have a friend who said she likes Little Twin Stars. I bout fabric a year ago to make something for her. She said she's moving up North soon, so I'm trying to figure out what's best to make for her. She moves around a lot, so I'm thinking of making her a laptop bag. She'll get to use the bag all the time. Wanted to finish it before she moves, but I haven't started anything yet. I'll probably just ship the bag to her when I finish it. I hope it'll be pretty.

What I Want to Learn

Whenever I make something I try to make sure I learn a new skill or I enjoy making it. That's what I did with the cat project. I used Pinterest for inspiration and winged how to put things together. The project also forced me to use other materials to get the look I wanted. I've also been forcing myself to limit what I use with what I have since I collected materials while I was in Singapore. 




Pinterest and Books

I also get inspiration from the books and magazines I have. Most of it were gifts during my 40th birthday. I have finally put them together since some were in Singapore and a lot were here in Manila. Most of the books show the traditional side of quilting. The magazines though show more modern quilts. I normally end up doing my own thing and just use the medium for inspiration. 

What I Need 

I've unearthed some of the past projects I made. A wallet from high school which I actually used. A number of bags which I've also used a lot. The tablet case I made when I started quilting again in 2016 (I'm still using it). I made a few throw pillow cases since Mom made a number for me. Seeing old projects give me an opportunity to review and improve my technique. I have a notebook where I list stuff I need to make. 

Resting from sewing for now. It's good time for me to take stock of what I want to make when I feel better. Also gives me an opportunity to dust off my books sitting outside of my craft room. Maybe I'll also use the time to fix up the design wall so I could use it already. Yes, that's a good idea :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment