Pages

Friday, July 28, 2023

Foodie Friday: Pasta Pinangat

One of my favorite dishes from Bicol is pinangat. We always had it whenever we visit Mom and Dad's hometown. I first tried pasta pinangat when I visited Legaspi. It was so good I asked my cousin in Naga if there was a place that served it. She said, no need to find a resto, just buy some pinangat from the palengke or shop and prepare it yourself. 




It's so easy to make! Just saute garlic and pinangat, add some all purpose cream and add salt to taste, then mix in the noodles. My cousin taught me how to bring back pinangat from Bicol back to Manila. Just buy it, ask the hotel to freeze it for you. Pop it in the freezer when you get home. It lasts a long time!




I know only of one place here in Manila where you can get pinangat, JT's Manukan and Grille. I normally get a serving and freeze it. I cook it when I feel like eating pasta pinangat. Ummm, yum yum! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment