Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Tried the Bostik Fabric Glue

I have a favorite Uniqlo shirt which I've had for a couple of years now. I wear it often and the fabric has no issues except the neck area started unraveling. I never noticed that the seams were just glued on with what looked like thermal double sided adhesive. 




Anyway, I'm not ready to give up the shirt since the fabric has no issues. I decided to order the Bostik fabric glue and the double sided adhesive. The fabric glue arrived first so I went to work to see if it would work. 







After reading the instructions I immediately tried the fabric glue. Oh boy, I didn't expect it to be super sticky. It was a bit hard to control unlike your usual Elmer's glue. I left the shirt to dry for a few days and ironed it. It's now being laundered and I hope it'll stick. I'm also hoping the excess glue won't stain the shirt (it was really hard to control the output). 

If it stains, I'll just use it at home. It could probably give me 5 more years, haha. Oh, BTW, the fabric glue was really hard to wash off. Make sure you wash your hands immediately after use. I lost count how many times I soaped and washed my hands to get it off!

#BeKind #StaySafe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment