There's a good beach anywhere you go across the Philippines and since we went to the Negros Trade Fair it reminded me of Carbin Reef and Manami Resort. Both are on opposite sides of Negros and they're up in my "I want to go back list".
It's been years since I last visited Carbin Reef. It's located in Sagay, Negros Occidental which is about an hour and a half car ride from Bacolod and a short boat ride to the reef. The first time I went there it felt weird to be dropped off in the middle of the sea.
Carbin Reef is a strip of sand that's bigger and longer during low tide. It almost disappears during high tide. There's just a few huts on it, a lifeguard chair and you'd have to bring your own food if you want to eat. Of course, you have to bring your trash too when you leave.
What I enjoyed most was the clear water and beautiful white sand. What we'd do is hang out in the water until we got hungry, swim some more and then go back to Bacolod. The caretakers make sure you make it out before the water gets too high. Last time we went the sea was pretty rough on the way back, but the boat men expertly navigated the crazy ride back to land.
Go visit!
#BeKind #StaySafe
No comments:
Post a Comment