Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Seasons

It's a new month again and I'm amazed how time seems to fly faster. It feels strange because I'm just mostly home and only go out once or twice a week. I guess the three of us are home bodies and we always rush back home after being out for a few hours. 

After my birthday, I realized life is seasonal. The seasons differ as your circumstance changes. The past few years I kept aiming to go back to what I could do before. The harder I strive, the more backward my health goes. It was stressful because I kept comparing my productivity to what I was able to do. 




I finally stopped fighting it recently and accepted the fact that my body won't go back to what it was before. My doctors have time and again explained my issues are mostly mechanical. I was born with this equipment and I just have to make the best out of it. 

I've always had a hard time sleeping and I started to do breathing exercises which supposedly help your heart heal. There's nothing to lose since it's just breathing exercises. Just before sleeping and after your evening prayers, lie down, hold your heart, breathe in 4 counts, hold for 2 and then exhale for 6 counts. 

It felt awkward the first time I did it, but I eventually got the hang of it and I usually fall asleep while doing it. I'll check in a week or two if my heart rate has gone down. I noticed it's gone up the past two months and I had an AFib attack two weeks ago after pulmo rehab. My heart rate was steady during my pulmo rehab a few days ago. I'd like to think it's working since I've also been praying for healing while I do the breathing exercises. 

Have a happy Sunday everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment