Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Mount Isarog View

When I was a young child, when we'd visit the ancestral house in Naga City (where my Dad grew up), he would bring me to the room which had access to the roof. That would usually be early in the morning when you can see Mt. Isarog and sometimes the Mayon Volcano (on clear days). 



I remember my Dad would also sing the Ateneo marching song (Regnum Dei). Mount Isarog is part of the song and I guess it was my Dad's way to teach me about Naga City. It was effective since I still remember it to this day. 

I brought this up because my "cousin" (he's actually technically my nephew but we're almost the same age), recently posted a photo of the area. It apparently eventually became his room. I remembered it and also scanned the photo again a few weeks ago. (My brain likes connecting pieces of information). 

Miss you Dad!

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment