The genX generation are on the same perimenopause/menopause boat. My high school friends and I have been moaning about it on our group chat the past two years. We've all entered a dreadful era where our bodies are changing.
I think I was 43 when my cardiologist noted in his report that I was perimenopausal. At that time I didn't really feel any different and brushed it aside. He must have seen it from my tests. I was probably having minor symptoms, but it was last year when I started experiencing the awful ones.
It started with hot flashes, then itchy ears, itching all over, and joint issues. The itchy ears went away and was replaced by tinnitus and now that includes pain behind my right ear at night. I've done a lot of adjustments. Changed to lye soap and have been slathering on lotion all over twice a day. I've also seen an ENT and neurologist on top of my regular cardio and pulmo appointments.
I met a menopause specialist on Threads and thought I'd consult with her. The symptoms are not as bad as it was last year, but I feel I still need help. She spent more than an hour with me to figure out what I could do to ease symptoms. I'm taking various medications and I can't do hormone therapy because of my medical conditions.
I'll start with some lifestyle changes. I'm now adjusting my sleep hours and will go on a Meditteranean diet, plus eat fermented food everyday. Sounds easy, but adjusting has to take into consideration the medications I drink. She wanted me to try intermittent fasting, but since I can't do it because I have time bound medications that require a full stomach.
I hope the symptoms will be kinder as I adjust my lifestyle and maybe it will also help bring down my weight.
#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:
Post a Comment