Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

The Ten Commandments

I was sorting my Mom's collection of religious books and prayer books. I know she loved slipping in things inside of books, so I would leaf through the books also to see if there was anything important.

I found a cinema ticket for "The Ten Commandments", April 19, 1959, 2pm at the Galaxy Theater. I'm not surprised that Mom got to watch it in the theatre (I'm assuming the ticket was my Mom's).


I got to watch the film too when Ate sent a VHS copy of it. We usually watched it every year during Holy Week. It's a very long movie and the only film we wereththe  allowed to watch during Holy Week (back then cable TV did not exist and most stations were off the air during Holy Week). It was one of my Mom's favourite movies.

Finding the ticket reminded me of the most important commandment -

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:36-40)

Just love.

Have a blessed and loving Holy Week everyone.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment