I love hanging around airports, so I usually go at least 2 hours earlier before a scheduled flight (it's the requirement anyway). Some people hate the wait, but I spend that time being productive (like doing this blog post right now).
Here's five things I do while waiting to board the plane:
1. I go online. I always make sure my laptop/phone is fully charged so I can: (a) check my mail and do some work; (b) check-in Foursquare; (c) say hello to friends on Twitter and Plurk and give traffic information in case I have friends going to the airport as well (traffic was quite heavy today).
2. I write/blog. So I'm doing this post because I kept getting disconnected from mobile internet. I knew I should've loaded up my other dongle. Sometimes I get so busy with work I'm unable to post as much as I used to in my blogs. This blog is the only one I've been updating in the past 2 months.
3. I eat. I always try to drink a glass of my favorite iced milk tea at Kopi Roti, but I fly PAL most of the time so I usually end up eating at Delifrance (I wonder when they're going to add more restos at NAIA 2). There are more food choices though at NAIA 3, especially at the boarding gate area.
4. I read. I catch up on my reading whenever I travel. My companion for this trip are Bo Sanchez and Malcolm Gladwell. Serious stuff, haha.
5. I people watch. There are days when I give my brain a rest, so I'm just happy to observe other travelers. There's definitely a difference between those who travel via PAL and Cebu Pacific. Most people who travel via PAL are either foreigners or business people. Those who travel via Cebu Pac in my observation (and well assumption) travel for fun.
Well it's almost time for me to head to the boarding area and I have to finish my Kopi Roti iced tea with milk and siewmai (yes that's how they spell it). My next post will likely be about my first trip to Zamboanga!
I love hanging out too in airports. It's the only place where people can stay for hours (depending on their flight sched) and not leave (unless boarding the plane). I don't necessarily have to fly. Check it out atReplyDelete
Have a safe trip Sweetie to Zamboanga !
Same here. I go to the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled flight too. It's better to wait than to be late. Traffic is unpredictable.ReplyDelete
While waiting, I work and/or read and watch people too.
I've traveled only once.But by coincidence I've done all of those you've mention.Haha! It was fun (not only because it was my first time) but watching travelers will sort of make your excitement double up.Hehe.ReplyDelete
I agree with you about your observation regarding the profile of travelers of PAL and Cebu Pacific. Enjoy your stay at Zamboanga.
Hi aileen! Hope you have fun on your trip! Be safe!ReplyDelete
Kindly join my contest: http://www.chelsspltmlk.com/2010/11/free-statement-shirt-for-my-500th-post.html
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete