Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Grounded No More

My Mom left this note for Sweetie when she left for Manila last January after my surgery. My eyes welled up when I read the note since my Mom is quite reserved, so this note spoke volumes.


I just came back from a check-up. Both my cardio and surgeon have finally allowed me to go home to Manila (yay!) but cautioned I shouldn't go back yet to my rigorous travel schedule. My surgeon declared that the ordeal is finally over after seeing that there was no more water in my heart sac. Both my doctors said they were really worried about me and were both very happy about my recovery.

Dr. Shankar, my surgeon said that I'm where I am now because sheer willpower, my positive disposition and my beautiful family. I said that it was the only way to go and I'm lucky to have such a loving and caring family.

The secret sauce though is faith. The best decision I made in my life was to turn over the navigation and purpose to God. When I did that my life got so much better and any challenges did not seem so overwhelming. Aside from love my faith was the only thing I held on to during my surgery. I told myself that I would survive it if it was God's Will and if I didn't then I thought my mission has been completed and it was time to be reunited with my Dad.

I did survive, so I'm now praying for my new mission. It hasn't come to me yet probably because I should focus on fully recovering first. It will come in good time.

A blessed Holy Week to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. It's good news you're okay now and grounded no more. So, you better heed your doctors advice to take it easy. And, hold on to your faith. It's your best and effective weapon.

    Good luck on your new mission.

    A blessed Holy Week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God, Ai! Take it easy for now, and then later on (and soon!) achieve new dreams. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Great to hear that you're doing well now. Take care and may God bless you and your family always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're ok now Ate Aileen. Tagal ko na rin kayo di nakikita ni Sweetie. Wag na masyadong workaholic, ok? :P

    ReplyDelete