Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Will Make You Hungry with this Post

Warning: this is an epic post about food, gathered from years of travel and eating.

My doctor was very happy yesterday to see my progress. He said that he and my cardiologist were very worried about me, but seeing me walking and smiling again have relieved them. After doing a quick 2D echogram with his handy gadget he said that my lungs are clear and I just have 1 millimeter of water in my pericardium which should go away in time.

I've actually been feeling much better in the last week. I just stayed home for five days straight to rest and started venturing out for walks in the last 3 days. I think it's really helped regain some of my strength and I was really surprised that results from my spirometer exercises have increased to 1,250 ml (yay!). I can also raise my arms straight up now and wear a tshirt without wincing in pain (wearing though is a different ballgame from taking it off).

Anyway so since I've been stuck at home and been ordered to take my mind off work (and keep away!) I've just been watching TV, reading, blogging, updating my journal and dreaming about my favorite food.

My doctor said it'll be safe for me to travel in about a month. Ahh, aside from seeing family and friends back home I look forward to finally eating food I like. Here's my itinerary:

Vigan

Longganisa


Empanada



Manila 

Spaghetti from Makati Supermart Coffeeshop in Alabang

Cheeseburger from Dayrit's

Jollibee, of course



And my first glass of cherry beer at Shift Restobar in Guijo, Makati

Pad Thai at Krung Thai in Marikina



Baguio

Strawberry Shortcake from Cafe by the Ruins (and loads of strawberries)





Buffalo Wings from Don Henrico's (it has to be in Baguio because I can eat the chicken there)

Bicol

Pasta Pinangat in Albay

Chiffon Cake and Pambonete from Casa Moderna



My Tita Olive's cooking

Cebu

A feast at AA Barbecue with my AA buddies Jerome, Andrew, Sweetie and hopefully with the girls, Chelle, Anne, Celine, Mitch and Jomar (no Jomar isn't a girl haha)



Boneless Crispy Pata from Dessert Factory



Bacolod

Bottomless cakes from Calea


Eating mangoes at Carbin Reef



Iloilo

Tuna Taco at Bauhinia (I hope it's still open!)


Davao

Pork Marinara, Unforgettable Pork Ribs and yummy cakes at Lachi's


Cagayan de Oro/Bukidnon

Cakes and pizza margherita at Candy's




A feast at Panagatan



Steak at Del Monte Golf Club



General Santos/Saranggani

A feast at Saranggani Highlands with my friends



Tuna kilawin and grilled tuna at Ranchero Grill



Making this post has seriously made me hungry.




10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:22 PM

    You did make me hungry with all this yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @odysseuslahori I'm happy I've made at least one person hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember painstakingly handcarried the lachis goodies when i flew back from davao.. hahaha bat wala yun dito? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pogz ayaw nila mag-expand unfortunately. The shop added more space though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naglaway ako dun ah...

    I'm curious pala: "Buffalo Wings from Don Henrico's (it has to be in Baguio because I can eat the chicken there)" What's wrong with the chicken from other branches???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naglaway ako dun ah...

    I'm curious pala: "Buffalo Wings from Don Henrico's (it has to be in Baguio because I can eat the chicken there)" What's wrong with the chicken from other branches???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naglaway ako dun ah...

    I'm curious though: "Buffalo Wings from Don Henrico's (it has to be in Baguio because I can eat the chicken there)" What's wrong with the chicken of their other brances ?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ryan my doctor says I'm likely allergic to something in the feeds that the chicken eats. So probably the chickens in Baguio maybe eat more organic stuff. That or choosy lang katawan ko.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info, Aileen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I like this post because you've already outlined for us where to go for yummy eats in certain places. :)

    ReplyDelete