Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

My Lamp Art

I always wished I had talent for the arts. My nephews, nieces and my son can draw really well and I can't even make recognizable stick figures. Pfffttt!

So moving on... I wished too that I had talent in the realm of design. The most I've done is design a curio and simple furniture when my Mom and I were exporting. That didn't work out well either.

And, then again, I love taking photos, but the photos don't love me. Asa pa. So, I've been sticking to the standards and some strange patterns I seem to love taking photos of - and those things I just keep buried in my Picasa Web Album (offline).

I will always be a frustrated artist...

And so while I was in Davao I took some photos of lamps, you'd never guess what they really look like in real life. The Usual Suspects thought they looked interesting and encouraged me to post them in my blog. So here it is and I've also taken the liberty to give them titles -

Blue Rings


Jellyfish


Red Eye


Green Eyed Monster


Lighted Avocado


A Clean Moon


Exhaustion and boredom, that's why I took those photos =)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    wow pretty neat set of lamp pictures! i like the avocado one, so cute and i love green kaya medyo biased ako. haha.

    congratulations for winning the top spot in the top10 influential blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should meet up soon. Hehe. How's you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos are wonderful. You have the talent Aileen. You look at everyday/common things in a different perspective, that most people don't see and/or ignore. Just keep on shooting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nina - thanks!

    @marcelle - yo! oo nga, haven't seen you in a while, been busy eh.

    @dhon jason - awww touch naman ako lalo na coming from a photographer! hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are great! ako gusto ko yung "a clean moon".. gusto ko kasi yung black and white.. although may kaunting green sa paligid nung white.. also, ginawa mong interesting ang isang bagay na boring para sa karamihan.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way! You're wrong!!
    Those lamps told me that they love you... very much.

    Oooh, aren't these shots sexy?
    They're too good that I want to visit our nearest home depot the soonest.

    My fave is the avocado. It's vitamin enriched. ;) Great work Ms. Aileen Apolo.

    marc.robinsone
    "It's NEVER too early to be a full-time freelancer"

    ReplyDelete