Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Babae Po Ako

I had a long discussion this morning about my writing style with a friend. He got me to check out how my writings would fare in the Gender Genie (http://bookblog.net/gender/genie.html). So, I opened my blog and tried it out. Lo and behold! Results showed again and again that my writings reflect that I am a male writer! A male writer! Me? Male? Meeeeh?

I think I tried about ten times. I tried out my different blogs and save one entry (my column for our parish newsletter) all the results said I was male. :(

My friend had a grand time teasing me. He was already calling me pare, tol, bro . I wasn't annoyed. I was challenged to find a reason why the results showed I was male. I was really curious why. There are times I don't recognize what I've written. Even my friends who read my work sometimes don't think I wrote it (I tested that before by emailing a short story I wrote).

It took the whole day and another friend to find the answer. I tested my private blog using entries from 2005 until 2006. And, whoopsies! It showed an overwhelming poll for female.

Because I was wailing about the results to my other friend, he told me to take the Gender Brain test on Blogthings.com and this was the result:


Your Brain is 73% Female, 27% Male

Your brain leans female
You think with your heart, not your head
Sweet and considerate, you are a giver
But you're tough enough not to let anyone take advantage of you!


So why did my public blogs show I was male? Go figure or ask my best friend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on proving something you already are. hehehehe ! Ikaw kasi, nagpaapekto sa online test na yun. If it's any consolation, I was always male but my score verged on the borderline of both genders. :) Somehow I hear Michael V. singing in the background... LOL! joke !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or si Tuesday Vargas? I don't remember if she sang that song. Anyways, it's a looooong story! Saka na natin pag-usapan yon pare. Ha-ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete