Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

What I Do When Internet is Down

The internet has been wonky the past few weeks. I started writing this post on my mobile and will likely finish it on my laptop when connectivity is back.

To be honest, I don't mind the downtime because it forces me to do things I've been procrastinating on. Well, I'm also from that generation who grew up without internet. I also did a 3-month detox as mandated by a doctor. So, I re-learned to live life without internet. And I learned to manage my time on it.





Here's a list of what I normally do when the net is down:

1. Fold/keep clothes. This is probably the #1 chore I procrastinate on.

2. Work on my quilt projects. This is what I automatically do when there's no internet. 

3. If the sun is still out, I spend more time in the garden. Well, I re-potted some plants yesterday.

4. Bake when I feel like it.

5. Organize my Ghibli inspired craft room (a.k.a. perennially messy craft room).

6. Watch a DVD if I'm really bored. This only happens if Sweetie sets things up.

7. Read a book!

8. Take a nap. Which reminds me, I should get my hammock installed.

9. Wash dishes.

10. Check on the cats and kittens.

And when everything else fails, annoy the boys, haha.

In time, I could probably include "walking" in the list. That's what I'm also working on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment