Sunday, July 8, 2007

My Top 10 Favorite Pinoy Chocolates and Biscuits

I love listening to OPM, watching Filipino movies and I am very, very Pinoy! And while working I eat Pinoy food. A couple of months ago I brought lots of Pinoy delicacies for my colleagues to sample, who would've thought that Chocnut would be such a big hit that they brought it back to the US?

Here's my top 10 all-time favorite Pinoy snacks (though some aren't available anymore):

1. Chocnut! I noticed today at the SM Hypermarket that there are more than one copy cats of Chocnut already and Hany changed their packaging, but I still love Chocnut. Chocnut!

2. Serg Chocolate! I've been craving for this since two weeks ago. I don't think they make any anymore sniff sniff. So I tried out the new Goya chocolate. It's good! Try it.

3. Chocolate Mallows. Oooohhh yummy.

4. Hi-Ro. My Mom used to buy me a lot of these when I was a kid. I have not seen any at the SM Hypermarket lately.

5. Happy. Remember that biscuit? I think it was replaced by Jolly. But there wasn't any Jolly either.

6. That Animal Biscuits thingy. I don't remember the brand name, but it was one of my favorite baons too.

7. Marie! Did you know that a pack is just PhP9.25? It may not be filling, but it's something to munch on.

8. Skyflakes. Even with the onslaught of competitors, I have been brand loyal to Skyflakes. It's yummy with anything.

9. Nissin Eggnog. Sometimes nakakasuya, but Miguel used to love this as well when he was a toddler. I remember when Rico (Yan) was my classmate, he would grab some from me. I think he used to endorse it.

10. Chocolate Crunch. It would break my heart if they took this off the shelf. Can't live without. LOL.

Addendum... from Paul... FlatTops! Oh how could I forget! I was like eating some just a few hours ago.

What about you? What's your favorite Pinoy snack?