Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Mom's Craft Cabinet

Starting to work on going through Mom's things. This time we opened all the cabinets and drawers to assess how much stuff she left behind. Mom turned Dad's cabinet into a craft cabinet. I knew she did this a long time ago. That's where she stored the bead trays I left with her. 




I was in for a surprise today because she filled up Dad's other cabinets with her craft stuff! She had some unfinished projects which I'll finish for her. I know when it comes to quilting she loved to piece together fabric. She would procrastinate over sandwiching and binding just like me. I think she has a couple of unfinished projects, but I still need to sort and see if there's anything I could finish. 

The first cabinet of craft materials I opened a few weeks ago had some of my collections. I have a collection of pig piggy banks which I used to fill up with coins. I used to have this lined up in my bedroom. It was the only collection I had that didn't go underwater during typhoon Ondoy. Mom kept it for me and she'd bring a few every time we saw each other. She probably also slipped in a couple of things that's important for her. 


One of Mom's craft cabinets. She even kept all my birthday cake toppers.


Mom really loved crafting. It kept her busy. We found a lot of her projects scattered around the house. Aside from quilting she loved to make paper crafts. I never needed to buy desk containers because she made a lot of small items. She also had unfinished paper craft projects. If she wasn't gardening she'd be busy with her crafts.

I'm getting help from our decluttering coach, Ally Canita, to sort out all the items at home. Properly sorting everything is key so we can figure out properly what to do with Mom's things. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment