Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Re-potted Mom's Tripartite Plant Pot

Mom loved to combine plants in a pot. She gave me two of these in late 2021. I was afraid to touch it since my brown thumb might kill it. I noticed though that the plants were starting to look unhealthy. Friends recommended to re-pot it.




Found some time and energy to re-pot it early this week. It was gnarly! The roots of the plants were deeply intertwined. I was only able to remove the aglaonema. I didn't risk untangling the other plants and just planted the whole root ball in the huge pot. 

I placed the aglaonema in a different pot so it could grow. There were also small orange spider plants growing, so I added on together with the aglaonema. I hope it will grow just like its mother plant. The process took me over an hour. I was hoping to finish two of the pots Mom gave me. Stopped at one since the sun was already setting by the time I finished. 




The plants are looking good. I think it helped also it's been raining, so it didn't experience too much shock. I have to read up again about what kind of fertilizer I should give it so it can be healthy again. :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment