Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Little Twin Stars Quilt Project (Laptop Sleeve)

I looked for Little Twin Stars fabric when I found out from a friend that she likes them. I have fond memories of Little Twin Stars because my Ate used to keep her trinkets in Little Twin Stars boxes on her dresser. I eventually inherited one of the boxes because I kept nagging (I think Mom gave them to me when she left for the US). 

The Little Twin Stars fabric was a bit hard to find. I didn't have that many options when I found it online. I think more options are available in Tomato in Tokyo. Anyway, after months of debating on what I should make for my friend, I eventually decided on a laptop sleeve. I think it'll be useful and she can use it everyday. 



Of course, a quilt isn't a quilt if you don't add other fabrics to it. I asked Miggy for help since he's good with colors. After finding out what laptop my friend used, I then proceeded to design and plan the project. I just made it simple so that the Little Twin Stars fabric would stand out.

The challenging part was making sure that the wadding would be one big piece. I wanted the wadding to help make the sleeve stable. And I also wanted to integrate a pocket in the sleeve. That's something I've never done for the sleeves I previously made (about 5 years ago?). I also had to avoid doing any hand sewing since my arm has just healed. So my other aim was to have clean machine stitches (yes, I still usually make a mess of it). 

I think it turned out well. I hope my friend likes it and finds it useful. Here's how I made it -




Measurements, pattern and process at https://www.needleadventures.com/2023/08/little-twin-stars-quilted-laptop-sleeve.html

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment