Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Birthday Celebration Circa 2008

Found a bunch of old photos from a birthday celebration 15 years ago. I couldn't help but be bewildered over the length of time since this party. It seems just like yesterday when the get together with (mostly) blogger friends happened. It was held at SM's Taste Asia. I'm not even sure if the place is still there since we rarely visit Mall of Asia now. 




This is one memorable celebration since I had friends from other cities who came. The celebration also merged my friends from different eras of my life. My parents were both still very healthy and a few friends who are gone now were still around. This was also my last birthday before my body changed because of pneumonia. 




Well, happy days are meant to spur you to create more happy memories. Looking back serves as a reminder for me to be grateful for what I have. It also reminds me that I was strong enough to fight back whatever challenges I come across. 

To be honest, I stopped celebrating my birthday for awhile now. I just didn't feel like there was a reason to celebrate. I only started celebrating after I had my second PE*. I realized our time here is short and we should continue to make more happy memories. It doesn't have to be big celebrations like I used to have. Simple and with your loved ones will do. 

The only thing I want from 15 years ago? My perfect weight, haha. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment