Pages

Friday, August 4, 2023

Let's Make Homemade Tapa!

I love tapa especially when it comes as tapsilog. Most of those available though are too salty for me. I have to lessen my sodium intake for my health. It's been quite some time since I made homemade tapa. Found some sirloin in the freezer, so that's what I used. The meat is a bit more expensive than your usual lean beef, but it's much easier to cook. There's also no wastage because you don't get hard to chew ligaments.




Made 700 grams of tapa and we finished it in 2 meals. Paired it with Greek salad. I didn't cook egg anymore since we ate it for lunch. I went on a controlled diet plan after I made this, now I'm craving for it again, haha. Here's how I made it -




Maybe I should unearth my high school recipes for tocino and longganisa and make some. We never got around to tasting it. We marinated the meat and was supposed to cook it the week after. Unfortunately, there was a coup d'etat and school was closed. I think there were days when there was no electricity. The meat we marinated spoiled and we never got to try it. Next cooking project then :)

Full recipe at: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2023/08/recipes-for-my-son-beef-tapa.html

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment