Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2023

That Time I Rode a Camel

I was really surprised when I saw camels in Bali. It was an unusual experience since usually I'd see elephants whenever I visit countries across Asia. Even encountered wild ones in Sri Lanka. But camels? I always thought they could only be found in the desert or zoos. 

We had finished our event so we had time to hang out in the beach. My scout-bro, Henky and I thought it would be a good idea to ride the camel. It was a disconcerting experience since it was a bit hard to get on the camel. The way it stood was also very different from riding horses or elephants. I could only describe it as turbulent. 


Bali, July 2012.


I didn't want to burden the camel with my weight, so I immediately got off after taking photos. I took a video of the camel grunting/humming. Never knew they could make those sounds since they're always silent whenever they're depicted in films. I strangely uploaded the video eleven years ago and the funny thing is people still watch it! Haha. (Please forgive the title of the video, I didn't know back then that it was called grunting/humming). 




Were you curious and watched the video? Haha. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment