Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2023

The Easiest Plant to Propagate: Mother of Millions

A year ago, Ate Rose gave me a pot full of kalanchoe pinnata. It's also commonly known as the mother of millions. I lost count on how many plants there were in the small pot she gave me. I re-potted them into separate containers with the intention of giving them away for Christmas. 

Kalanchoe as of July 2022

Re-potted kalanchoe


Well, I forgot to give them away. I water them just once a week since they're pretty resilient. They're the plants I least worry about when we go away for a few days. The tiny plants I re-potted a year ago is proof that this plant is indeed a mother of millions. 


Kalanchoe, August 2023.


I left it in the pots I put them in from a year ago and was super surprised they grew so big! I've been meaning to transfer them to bigger pots. I'll do that as soon as I finish re-potting another set of plants. Saw some videos though that this can grow big and maybe have flowers (?). I'm not sure, but we'll see. I probably need to get bigger pots so I can transfer them. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment