Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

July, Health and Kittens

So far doing well with my one second per day for the year. July was our most productive month this year I think. After our beach vacation we decided to focus on our health. Fortunately found new doctors since my former ones went MIA, plus they were keen to do surgery. My doctors in Singapore repeatedly told me not to have anyone poke me since my body is truly extraordinary. 

It was jarring for me to go out often for doctor appointments and tests. I usually just go out once or twice a month and have been buying our needs online. I changed hospitals also and the vibe has been much better. The med techs don't freak out when they do tests. I like it there because people are more efficient. My new doctor also immediately gave me a certificate for disability. I think my other doctor was focused more on her research than taking care of me. 




Anyway, I did enjoy going for my check-ups and tests because it gave us an opportunity to try new things in the area. Got to eat things not available for delivery and even bumped into friends we haven't seen since 2019. Well, I must admit I had a few toy budols. I really need to work on fixing my Yoda display. 

The biggest surprise we had was Brimsley giving birth in our garage. She squeezed herself into a box set to be thrown away. She give birth over a span of three days. Three kittens I think, but one didn't make it we think. Never saw the third one. Two are now two weeks old and we hope they survive. We're getting a lot of advise from friends on how to care for them. 



We also managed to attend our very first public event. We went to the Coffee Home Brewers grand eyeball organized by Ros and Jose Margo. There was a typhoon, but the weather luckily cleared up on the day we went. Miggy also won a Breville kettle by correctly guessing the number of beans in a bottle. We're so happy about it because I was thinking we needed another one for our hot water needs. Rest of July was very rainy because of the typhoon and habagat. 




August will probably be full of adulting tasks. Of course, it's going to be a month long celebration of my birthday!

Keep safe and dry everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment